عنوان مقاله [English]
Due to the increasing consumption of ready-made foods such as burgers and their popularity among the public, the aim of the present study is to produce mixed burgers with different percentages of surimi and chicken minced and also, evaluation of the effect of modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) on the shelf life of the optimized burgers. First, surimi gels were produced and burgers formulated with 2 variables, the surimi and chicken minced, based on applying the Response Surface Methodology (RSM) several time up to achieving optimized formula. By analyzing the results of sensory evaluation using RSM software, the best formula was 37% chicken meat + surimi 63%, then the qualitative changes of the pre-formulated burger were studied for 27 days at 2 0C, which showed that the use of MAP significantly increased the storage time so that the burgers could be maintained with MAP packaging for up to 12 days.
1. Taşkaya, L., et al., )2003 .("Quality Changes of Fish Burger from Rainbow Trout during Refrigerated Storage. E.U." Journal of Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences, 20: p. 147-154.
2. Köse, S., M. Boran, and G.( 2006). "Boran, Storage properties of refrigerated whiting mince after mincing by three different methods." Food chemistry, 99(1): p. 129-135.
3. Dey, S. and K. Dora, (2010). "Effect of sodium lactate as cryostabilizer on physic-chemical attributes of croaker (Johnius gangeticus) muscle protein." Journal of Food Science Technology. 47: p. 432–436.
4. Karthikeyan, M., A.O. Dileep, and B.A. Shamasundar, (2006). "Effect of water washing on the functional and rheological properties of proteins from threadfin bream (Nemipterus japonicus) meat." International journal of food science & technology, 4: p. 1002-1010.
5. Bentis, C.A., A. Zotos, and D. Petridis, (2005). "Production of fish-protein products (surimi) from small pelagic fish (Sardinops pilchardusts), underutilized by the industry." Journal of Food Engineering, 68: p. 303-308.
6. Gammariello, D., et al., (2014). "A multi-step optimization approach to extend burger shelf life." Basic Research Journal of Food Science and Technology, 1: p. 15-28.
7. Rawdkuen, S., et al., (2009). "Biochemical and gelling properties of tilapia surimi and protein recovered using an acid-alkaline process." Food Chemistry, 112: p. 112-119.
8. Spinelli, S., et al., (2015). "Microencapsulated propolis to enhance the antioxidant properties of fresh fish burgers." Journal of Food Process Engineering, 38: p. 527-535.
9. APHA, (2015). "Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods." 5nd ed. American Public Health Association, Washington D.C,.
10.Doulgeraki, A.I., et al., (2010). "Lactic acid bacteria population dynamics during minced beef storage under aerobic or modified atmosphere packaging conditions." Food Microbiology, 27: p. 1028-1034.
11.Selani, M.M., et al.,(2016). "Effects of pineapple byproduct and canola oil as fat replacers on physicochemical and sensory qualities of low-fat beef burger." Meat Science, 112: p69-76.
12.Petrou, S., et al., (2012). "Chitosan dipping or oregano oil treatments, singly or combined on modified atmosphere packaged chicken breast meat." International Journal of Food Microbiology, 156: p. 264–271.
13.Namir, M., H. Siliha, and M.F. Ramadan, (2015). "Fiber pectin from tomato pomace: characteristics, functional properties and application in low-fat beef burger." Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization, 9: p. 305-312.
14.Malle, P. and M.A. Poumeyrol, (1989). "A new chemical criterion for the quality of fish: trimethylamine/total volatile basic nitrogen (%)." Journal of Food Protection, 50: p. 419–423.
15.Muhlisin, S.M.K., et al., (2013). "The effect of modified atmosphere packaging and addition of rosemary extract, sodium acetate and calcium lactate mixture on the quality of pre-cooked hamburger patties during refrigerated storage." Asian-Australasian journal of animal sciences, 26: p. 134.
16.Praneetha, S.S., et al., (2015). "Development of fish finger from rohu (labeo rohita) and its quality evaluation during refrigerated storage condition." International Journal of Science, Environmental and Technology, 4: p. 1457-1468.
17.Babji, Y. and T.R.K. Murthy, (2000). "Effect of inoculation of mesophilic lactic acid bacteria on microbial and sensory changes of minced goat meat during storage under vacuum and subsequent aerobic storage." Meat science, 54(2): p. 197-202.
18.Patsias, A., et al., (2006). "Shelf life of a chilled precooked chicken product stored in air and under modified atmospheres: microbiological, chemical and sensory attributes." Food Microbiology, 23: p. 423–429.
19.Skandamis, P. and G.J.E. Nychas, (2002). "Preservation of fresh meat with active and modified atmosphere packaging conditions." International Journal of Food Microbiology, 79: p. 35–45.
20.Kilinc, B., S. Cakli, and S. Tolasa, (2008). "Quality changes of sardine (Sardina pilchardus) patties during refrigerated storage." Journal of food quality, 31(3): p. 366-381.
21.Vanitha, M., et al., (2013). " Quality evaluation of value added mince based products from catla (Catla catla) during frozen storage." International Journal of Science, Environmental and Technology, 2: p. 487-501.
22.Çoban, Ö.E. and G.T. Keleştemur, (2016). "Qualitative improvement of catfish burger using Zataria multiflora Boiss.essential oil." Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization,: p. 1-8.