1. Abhijith, R., Ashok, A., and Rejeesh, C. R. (2018). “Sustainable packaging applications from mycelium to substitute polystyrene: A review.” Mater. Today Proc., Elsevier Ltd 5, 2139–2145.
2. Appels, F. V. W., Camere, S., Montalti, M., Karana, E., Jansen, K. M. B., Dijksterhuis, J., Krijgsheld, P., and Wösten, H. A. B. (2019). “Fabrication factors influencing mechanical, moisture- and water-related properties of mycelium-based composites.” Mater. Des., Elsevier Ltd 161, 64–71.
3. Jiang, L., Walczyk, D., Mooney, L., and Putney, S. (2016). “Manufacturingbof mycelium- based biocomposites.” International SAMPE Technical Conference, 1944-1955.
4. Bajwa, D. S., Holt, G. A., Bajwa, S. G., Duke, S. E., and McIntyre, G. (2017). “Enhancement of termite (Reticulitermes flavipes L.) resistance in mycelium reinforced biofiber-composites.” Ind. Crops Prod. 107, 420–426.
5. Wösten, H. A. B. (2019). “Filamentous fungi for the production of enzymes, chemicals and materials.” Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 59, 65–70.
6. Girometta, C., Picco, A. M., Baiguera, R. M., Dondi, D., Babbini, S., Cartabia, M., Pellegrini, M., and Savino, E. (2019). “Physico-mechanical and thermodynamic properties of mycelium-based biocomposites: A review.” Sustain. 11 (1), 281.
7. Holt, G. A., McIntyre, G., Flagg, D., Bayer, E., Wanjura, J. D., and Pelletier, M. G. (2012). “Fungal mycelium and cotton plant materials in the manufacture of biodegradable molded packaging material: Evaluation study of select blends of cotton byproducts.” J. Biobased Mater. Bioenergy 6, 431–439.
8. Santhosh, B. S., Bhavana, D. R., and Rakesh, M. G. (2018). “Mycelium composites: An emerging green building material.” Int. Res. J. Eng. Technol. 05, 3066–3068.
9. Bafkar, O. (2015). “Mycelium material new replacement for thermoplastics.” Research Proposal, 1-2.
10. Rathore, H., Prasad, S., Kapri, M., Tiwari, A., and Sharma, S. (2019). “Medicinal importance of mushroom mycelium: Mechanisms and applications.” J. Funct. Foods, Elsevier 56, 182–193.
11. Valverde, M. E., Hernández-Pérez, T., and Paredes-López, O. (2015). “Edible mushrooms: Improving human health and promoting quality life.” Int. J. Microbiol. 2015.
12. Wagner, A. (2016). “Mycelium Biking: Eco-design at its best,” Luleå University of Technology.
13. Bayer, E., and McIntyre, G. (2009). “Method for producing rapidly renewable chitinous material using fungal fruiting bodies and product made thereby.” United States. United States patent US20090307969A1.
14. Bayer, E., McIntyre, G., and Swersey, B. L. (2008). “Method for producing grown materials and products made thereby.” United States. United States patent US20080145577A1.
15. Lelivelt, R. J. J. (2018). “The mechanical possibilities of mycelium materials.” Master's Thesis,Eindhoven University of Technology, 1–82.
16. Karana, E., Blauwhoff, D., Hultink, E. J., and Camere, S. (2018). “When the material grows: A case study on designing (with) mycelium-based materials.” Int. J. Des. 12, 119–136.
17. Liu, R., Long, L., Sheng, Y., Xu, J., Qiu, H., Li, X., Wang, Y., and Wu, H. (2019). “Preparation of a kind of novel sustainable mycelium/cotton stalk composites and effects of pressing temperature on the properties.” Ind. Crops Prod., Elsevier 141, 111732.
18. Jones, M. P., Lawrie, A. C., Huynh, T. T., Morrison, P. D., Mautner, A., Bismarck, A., and John, S. (2019). “Agricultural by-product suitability for the production of chitinous composites and nanofibers utilising Trametes versicolor and Polyporus brumalis mycelial growth.” Process Biochem., Elsevier Ltd 80, 95–102.
19. Haneef, M., Ceseracciu, L., Canale, C., Bayer, I. S., Heredia-Guerrero, J. A., and Athanassiou, A. (2017). “Advanced Materials from Fungal Mycelium: Fabrication and Tuning of Physical Properties.” Sci. Rep., Nature Publishing Group 7, 1–11.
20. Jiang, L., Walczyk, D., McIntyre, G., and Chan, W. K. (2016). “Cost modeling and optimization of a manufacturing system for mycelium-based biocomposite parts.” J. Manuf. Syst., The Society of Manufacturing Engineers 41, 8–20.
21. Jiang, L., Walczyk, D., McIntyre, G., Bucinell, R., and Tudryn, G. (2017). “Manufacturing of biocomposite sandwich structures using mycelium-bound cores and preforms.” J. Manuf. Process., The Society of Manufacturing Engineers 28, 50–59.