1. E. Salleh, I. Muhamad, and N. Khairuddin, “Preparation, characterization and antimicrobial analysis of antimicrobial starch-based film incorporated with chitosan and lauric acid,” Asian Chitin J., vol. 3, pp. 55–68, 2007.
2. J. H. Han, “Antimicrobial food packaging,” Nov. food Packag. Tech., vol. 8, pp. 50–70, 2003.
3. T. Jin and H. Zhang, “Biodegradable polylactic acid polymer with nisin for use in antimicrobial food packaging,” J. Food Sci., vol. 73, no. 3, pp. M127–M134, 2008.
4. M. F. Álvarez, “Revisión: Envasado activo de los alimentos/Review: Active food packaging,” Food Sci. Technol. Int., vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 97–108, 2000.
5. C. N. Cutter and S. S. Sumner, “Application of edible coatings on muscle foods,” in Protein-based films and coatings, CRC Press, 2002, pp. 467–484.
6. P. K. Dutta, S. Tripathi, G. K. Mehrotra, and J. Dutta, “Perspectives for chitosan based antimicrobial films in food applications,” Food Chem., vol. 114, no. 4, pp. 1173–1182, 2009.
7. C.-S. Chen, W.-Y. Liau, and G.-J. Tsai, “Antibacterial effects of N-sulfonated and N-sulfobenzoyl chitosan and application to oyster preservation,” J. Food Prot., vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 1124–1128, 1998.
8. E. I. Rabea, M. E.-T. Badawy, C. V Stevens, G. Smagghe, and W. Steurbaut, “Chitosan as antimicrobial agent: applications and mode of action,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1457–1465, 2003.
9. F. Shahidi, J. K. V. Arachchi, and Y.-J. Jeon, “Food applications of chitin and chitosans,” Trends food Sci. Technol., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 37–51, 1999.
10. A. M. Papineau, D. G. Hoover, D. Knorr, and D. F. Farkas, “Antimicrobial effect of water‐soluble chitosans with high hydrostatic pressure,” Food Biotechnol., vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 45–57, 1991.
11. N. R. Sudarshan, D. G. Hoover, and D. Knorr, “Antibacterial action of chitosan,” Food Biotechnol., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 257–272, 1992.
[12. Y.-C. Chung and C.-Y. Chen, “Antibacterial characteristics and activity of acid-soluble chitosan,” Bioresour. Technol., vol. 99, no. 8, pp. 2806–2814, 2008.
13. Y. Uchida, “Preparation of chitosan oligomers with purified chitosanase and its application,” in Proc. 4th Int. Conf. Chitin/Chitosan, 1989, 1989.
14. G. B. Ralston, M. V Tracey, and P. M. Wrench, “The inhibition of fermentation in baker’s yeast by chitosan,” Biochim. Biophys. Acta (BBA)-General Subj., vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 652–655, 1964.
15. S. Sekiguchi et al., “Molecular weight dependency of antimicrobial activity by chitosan oligomers,” in Food hydrocolloids, Springer, 1994, pp. 71–76.
16. J. Dutta and P. K. Dutta, “15 Antimicrobial Activity of Chitin, Chitosan, and Their Oligosaccharides,” Chitin, chitosan, oligosaccharides their Deriv. Biol. Act. Appl., p. 195, 2010.
17. N. Kubota and Y. Kikuchi, “Macromolecular complexes of chitosan,” ChemInform, vol. 29, no. 52, p. no-no, 1998.
18. G. A. F. Roberts, Chitin chemistry. Macmillan International Higher Education, 1992.
19. S. Tokura, Y. Miura, M. Johmen, N. Nishi, and S.-I. Nishimura, “Induction of drug specific antibody and the controlled release of drug by 6-O-carboxymethyl-chitin,” in Advances in Drug Delivery Systems, 6, Elsevier, 1994, pp. 235–241.
20. X. Fei Liu, Y. Lin Guan, D. Zhi Yang, Z. Li, and K. De Yao, “Antibacterial action of chitosan and carboxymethylated chitosan,” J. Appl. Polym. Sci., vol. 79, no. 7, pp. 1324–1335, 2001.
21. E. A. Baldwin, M. O. Nisperos‐Carriedo, and R. A. Baker, “Use of edible coatings to preserve quality of lightly (and slightly) processed products,” Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr., vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 509–524, 1995.
22. A. Ben and L. B. Kurth, “Edible film coatings for meat cuts and primals,” 1995.
23. M. O. Nisperos-Carriedo, “Edible coatings and films based on polysaccharides,” Edible coatings Film. to Improv. food Qual., vol. 1, pp. 322–323, 1994.
24. F. Labell, “Edible packaging,” Food Process, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 24–26, 1991.
25. U. Stöllman, F. Johansson, and A. Leufven, “Packaging and food quality,” in Shelf life evaluation of foods, Springer, 1994, pp. 52–71.
26. A. M. Durango et al., “Development and evaluation of an edible antimicrobial film based on yam starch and chitosan,” Packag. Technol. Sci. An Int. J., vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 55–59, 2006.
27. M. J. Bradshaw, S. Bhattacharyya, N. Venna, and J. F. Cahill, “Neurologic Manifestations of Systemic Rheumatologic Diseases,” Current Clinical Neurology. pp. 321–342, 2020.
28. U. E. Paulista, P. D. E. P. Em, and C. Biológicas, Chitosan in THE PRESERVATION OF AGRICULTURAL COMMODITIES. .
29. A. A. Kader, “Biochemical and physiological basis for effects of controlled and modified atmospheres on fruits and vegetables,” Food Technol., 1986.
30. M. Bill, D. Sivakumar, L. Korsten, and A. K. Thompson, “The efficacy of combined application of edible coatings and thyme oil in inducing resistance components in avocado (Persea americana Mill.) against anthracnose during post-harvest storage,” Crop Prot., vol. 64, pp. 159–167, Oct. 2014.
31. M. Hailu, T. S. Workneh, and D. Belew, “Review on postharvest technology of banana fruit,” African J. Biotechnol., vol. 12, no. 7, 2013.
32. L. Ranasinghe, B. Jayawardena, and K. Abeywickrama, “An integrated strategy to control post‐harvest decay of Embul banana by combining essential oils with modified atmosphere packaging,” Int. J. food Sci. Technol., vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 97–103, 2005.
33. C. Wattanakorn, “Effect of konjac gum coatings on storage time of banana cv. Kluai hom thong.” M. Sc Thesis. King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok …, 2003.
34. N. K. K. Win, P. Jitareerat, S. Kanlayanarat, and S. Sangchote, “Effects of cinnamon extract, chitosan coating, hot water treatment and their combinations on crown rot disease and quality of banana fruit,” Postharvest Biol. Technol., vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 333–340, 2007.
35. N. Suseno, E. Savitri, L. Sapei, and K. S. Padmawijaya, “Improving shelf-life of cavendish banana using chitosan edible coating,” Procedia Chem., vol. 9, pp. 113–120, 2014.
36. L. H. Cheah, D. W. Brash, and A. P. Marshall, “Storage rots of carrot and their control,” in Proceedings of the New Zealand Plant Protection Conference, 1996, vol. 49, p. 314.
37. L. H. Cheah, B. B. C. Page, and R. Shepherd, “Chitosan coating for inhibition of sclerotinia rot of carrots,” 1997.
38. C. Molloy, L.-H. Cheah, and J. P. Koolaard, “Induced resistance against Sclerotinia sclerotiorum in carrots treated with enzymatically hydrolysed chitosan,” Postharvest Biol. Technol., vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 61–65, 2004.
39. R. Pushkala, K. R. Parvathy, and N. Srividya, “Chitosan powder coating, a novel simple technique for enhancement of shelf life quality of carrot shreds stored in macro perforated LDPE packs,” Innov. Food Sci. Emerg. Technol., vol. 16, pp. 11–20, 2012.
40. P. Kinay, F. Yildiz, F. Sen, M. Yildiz, and I. Karacali, “Integration of pre-and postharvest treatments to minimize Penicillium decay of Satsuma mandarins,” Postharvest Biol. Technol., vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2005.
41. J. Du, H. Gemma, and S. Iwahori, “Effects of chitosan coating on the storage of peach, Japanese pear, and kiwifruit,” J. Japanese Soc. Hortic. Sci., vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 1997.
42. G. Galed, M. E. Fernández-Valle, A. Martınez, and A. Heras, “Application of MRI to monitor the process of ripening and decay in citrus treated with chitosan solutions,” Magn. Reson. Imaging, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 127–137, 2004.
43. M. Y. Arancibia, M. E. Lopez-Caballero, M. C. Gomez-Guillen, and P. Montero, “Chitosan coatings enriched with active shrimp waste for shrimp preservation,” Food Control, vol. 54, pp. 259–266, 2015.
44. Q. Wang, J. Lei, J. Ma, G. Yuan, and H. Sun, “Effect of chitosan-carvacrol coating on the quality of Pacific white shrimp during iced storage as affected by caprylic acid,” Int. J. Biol. Macromol., vol. 106, pp. 123–129, 2018.
45. X. Carrión-Granda, I. Fernández-Pan, I. Jaime, J. Rovira, and J. I. Maté, “Improvement of the microbiological quality of ready-to-eat peeled shrimps (Penaeus vannamei) by the use of chitosan coatings,” Int. J. Food Microbiol., vol. 232, pp. 144–149, 2016.
46. F. Farajzadeh, A. Motamedzadegan, S.-A. Shahidi, and S. Hamzeh, “The effect of chitosan-gelatin coating on the quality of shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) under refrigerated condition,” Food Control, vol. 67, pp. 163–170, 2016.
47. D. Yu et al., “The effects of edible chitosan-based coatings on flavor quality of raw grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) fillets during refrigerated storage,” Food Chem., vol. 242, pp. 412–420, 2018.
48. O. Martínez, J. Salmerón, L. Epelde, M. S. Vicente, and C. de Vega, “Quality enhancement of smoked sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) fillets by adding resveratrol and coating with chitosan and alginate edible films,” Food Control, vol. 85, pp. 168–176, 2018.
49. S. R. Kanatt, M. S. Rao, S. P. Chawla, and A. Sharma, “Effects of chitosan coating on shelf-life of ready-to-cook meat products during chilled storage,” LWT-Food Sci. Technol., vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 321–326, 2013.
50. S. Lekjing, “A chitosan-based coating with or without clove oil extends the shelf life of cooked pork sausages in refrigerated storage,” Meat Sci., vol. 111, pp. 192–197, 2016.
51. B. Bazargani-Gilani, J. Aliakbarlu, and H. Tajik, “Effect of pomegranate juice dipping and chitosan coating enriched with Zataria multiflora Boiss essential oil on the shelf-life of chicken meat during refrigerated storage,” Innov. food Sci. Emerg. Technol., vol. 29, pp. 280–287, 2015.
52. G. P. Cardoso, M. P. Dutra, P. R. Fontes, A. de L. S. Ramos, L. A. de Miranda Gomide, and E. M. Ramos, “Selection of a chitosan gelatin-based edible coating for color preservation of beef in retail display,” Meat Sci., vol. 114, pp. 85–94, 2016.